Facebook ads are one of our favorite secret weapons for increasing leads and exposure for any company. Many of our clients have a Facebook on which they post the occasional status or picture. Similarly, many companies are also utilizing Google PPC. The beauty of Facebook Ads is that they combine the interpersonal aspect of social media with the targeting of Google Analytics. So the question stands: how do you make a Facebook Ad that produces results? Here are the six simple steps any company can follow to produce likes and better yet, leads.
How to Make Facebook Ads
- Produce a graphically appealing image with a clear call to action. A compelling and attention grabbing post includes clean graphics, short simple text, and inspires an action. People want what they don’t have. With our example of social media marketing, you have to explain to prospects in a visually appealing way that your product is valuable. See below picture as an example:
- Include a track-able link to a contact form or sales page. This step varies on whether you sell a product online or if you are trying to get leads on the phone. If you are selling a product online, link to a specific product page that is highlighted in the post. Never link to your homepage. If you want information for a call, link to a landing page with a clear call to action and easy to use form. Then, use a tracking source like Bit.ly to keep track of how many people actually click your link. You will want this to cross reference your various campaigns to see which is doing best. Facebook ads manager does offer this tracking but we like to encourage as much tracking as possible.
- Get your demographics right. When you go to boost a post, you need to think long and hard about whom is your target audience. Facebook ads manager offers intensive targeting so you can really hone in on the right group. If you have a few different demographics, run several ads in the same campaign for different demographics. Or try switching the demographics daily and over the course of the week see which gets the best result. Don’t forget to at least specify an age range and at least one interest.
- Post your new picture and write a short concise status next to it. For example, if you posted a social media piece like the one above, we would write something like: “1 on 3 people use social media. Find out how your company can turn that statistic into leads. For more information visit this link (this is where you insert a trackable link).
- Check in on your post regularly. Whether it’s several times a day or once a week, you need to nurture a boosted post throughout the ad life. Facebook ads are great because you can edit them continuously and really get all the details right.
Get Started With Facebook Ads Now!
Haven’t utilized Facebook ads before? There is no time like the present. At Admail West, our social media team has experience bringing in hundreds of leads per day with social media and Facebook ads. We do it every single day and we can do it for you. Contact us today to hear about our starter social media packages.
Interested in more? Contact us here!